Pages

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Best Part About Making Things

The best part about making things (and talking about making things, teaching making things and selling things I've made) is that I get to see how other people are using what I've made, taught or sold or what they're doing themselves and how it's progressing. For example, here are a couple of pieces from a class I taught last weekend at the gallery that I brought to show the 'gang' this Tuesday:


Over here we can see Cindy poking through a stack of baubles Pearl brought us from her cleaning efforts. In the back of the photo you can see a little of Pearl's ongoing rug-hooking project.


This is a pic of Mia trying out needle felting after she confessed an interest to Laurie last week. She's doing it much better than I did by the way. She doesn't seem to be stabbing herself which was the result of my first efforts!


And here we have Marsha working her way through this tiny, intricate bit of needlework. In the background you can see Marg working on our project of the day: conquering Photoshop Elements. I'm not exactly sure if we won or not though. In the lower right of the picture you can see a few of the little heads that Mia sculpted from Paperclay.


Laurie's fairie is getting outfitted in needle felted clothes, bit by bit. Here's our weekly glamour shot, against a backdrop of Louise's scarves:

No comments:

Post a Comment